Today I will have reached another decade. When I was younger, I can remember thinking that 70 was ancient! And here I am. I have learned so much through my years and often think it is such a shame that it takes a lifetime to gain wisdom. If only I had known these things when I was younger. So, I want to share 70 lessons I have learned through the years (in no particular order). Not everything was learned from personal experience . . . well, maybe some of them were.
1. Despite my brother thinking my mom had a hard time delivering me because I would not put the book away, I really did not come out reading. Learn to read.
2. People say, “I could just squeeze those cute little cheeks,” DON’T.
3. Spiders are creepy, crawly, things.
4. Volunteer to catch grasshoppers for your uncles to use as bait for fishing. They may pay you a penny each.
5. Every 5-year-old covers their face for pictures. Just roll with it.
6. See Dick and Jane run really was a thing. Just change the names and ask my siblings what happened when someone yelled, “Snake.”
7. Some people move a lot. Just learn to roll with it.
8. No, butter really does not make a sunburn better. Use sunscreen and avoid skin cancer.Continue reading